Roletech Suggestion Thread

Got some art, or just a general suggestion for The Overseer Project or its forums? This is where you'll want to go!
Forum rules
8uny

Roletech Suggestion Thread

Postby 8uny » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:53 am

SINCE THE OLD THREAD IS NOW IN THE PITS OF THE OLD FORUM

As a Seer of Space ability, or an ability you can apply to those wearable computers that can let you see around the session:
Oversee: Let's you view an ally's battle.
It would not contribute to the fight like assisting, nor would you need to be in the same area. The button for it could be next to the auto-assist one or in the roletech page.

If you want to make this a roletech rather then an ability, it should cost around 10% aspect? If not, then an encounter.

OverlordJ

Re: Roletech Suggestion Thread

Postby OverlordJ » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:07 am

I think there could be minor issues with that, like, wouldn't it only show you the fight in the moment you check and not update as the fight continues? I suppose you could refresh the page a lot but that seems suboptimal...

Unrelated to the above but should we repeat suggestions from the old forum? Or maybe make an OP that contains previously suggested ideas, a short description of the ability and maybe a note if it has been implemented, will be implemented or can't be implemented?

I forgot if it has been suggested, but I think it'd be neat if Seers of Life would get an ability that lets them see the exact HP instead of the percentage.

eunomicZenith

Postby eunomicZenith » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:42 pm

That last ability of Seers of Life was in the original roletech list, yes. Same goes for aspect vial for Seers of Heart.

OverlordJ

Postby OverlordJ » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:36 pm

Yeah, I have since reread the old main thread. Which brings me to the question of if we have any word from the devs on the current plans for new roletechs, after all, the last update to the OP happened over one and a half years ago in that thread.

Coebalt

Postby Coebalt » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:22 pm

If this is a thing, I have a few to suggest for Pages and the Spa e aspect.

Aspect Mastery (name pending): your long journey and hard work pay off. Your manipulation of your aspect is so great that it lowers the cost of Aspect Patternsby a significant amount. (To be decided by devs)

Meekness: as a page, you come off as a little weak,which is to say,you are underestimated. The lower your aspect vile, the more likely an enemy is to lose its first turn.

Spacial Shift: Enemy attacks have a chance to miss based on how full your aspect vile is.

7h31mp0551813

Postby 7h31mp0551813 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Space and time roletechs
Space:Teleportation1 in 6 chance you dodge an attack(gained at level 35 levels up twice more 20 levels for each level up caps at 1 in 2 of dodging)
Time:Already Here:Chance of endgame weapon drops(small) for you and everyone in the session(gained at level 100)
8-) 7h15 15 7h3 f4c3 0f 7h3 1m9551813.

gristCollector

Postby gristCollector » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Both suggestions are overpowered for such small levels.
Endgame items are supposed to be only attainable by the endgame (aka BK Fight)
Teleportation is a good idea, but it needs to be nerfed massively because Space players can just depend on that a lot more than they should be.
Already Here is a terrible idea. Granting items via roletech is really shady, and in your case extremely overpowered. It should be what Teleportation is, only for attack instead of defense.

grandioseSpectre

Postby grandioseSpectre » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:46 am

I have a few if this is still open,

Class Roletechs:

- Seer, Foresee: You understand what is about to happen....(You can see how much damage an enemy will do on the next turn in percents based on what attacks you pick, for example it would be a higher damage if you picked assault and abuse then if you did aggrieve and abstain. and it would update as you switched attacks, might not be possible) Gained at echeladder 350

- Mage, Foretell: You understand what you must do....(You can see how much damage you will do with an attack in percents, similar in nature to the seer ability, once again, the "Update as you change attacks" might not be possible) Gained at echeladder 350

- Prince, Destroyer: You Are attuned to your destructive nature, more power on offensive attacks!(1.25x the damage when using Aggress, Assial or Assault) Gained at echeladder 450

- Bard, Harbinger: You will be a harbinger of destruction, and remain defended, more defense on defensive attacks!(1.25x the defense when using Accuse, Abjure, or Abstain) Gained at echeladder 450

Aspect Roletechs:

Yeah I don't really have any ideas for these

Return to “Suggestions and Submissions”