Quick Item Creation

Wanna teach the world on something you know? Post your awesome guide here!
Forum rules
ethan7102002

Quick Item Creation

Postby ethan7102002 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:36 am

Im probably an idiot who just missed a button or something but i have no clue how to use the quick item creator. I can fill out all the information and such i just don't know how to create the item. Quite a few times I've filled out the entire sheet only to have to get rid of it all my information because i don't know how to submit the sheet. (I don't really want to send a lot of these in, but i'd like them in my personal session, which i'm told it can do)

Please help because i just cant figure it out. :?
Admire this quality Karkat :ugeek:

eunomicZenith

Re: Quick Item Creation

Postby eunomicZenith » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:06 am

It's not yet functional. Sorry to disappoint but you can't manage to submit it because you currently can't.

ethan7102002

Postby ethan7102002 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:39 am

Oh thank you :D
Admire this quality Karkat :ugeek:

OverlordJ

Postby OverlordJ » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:28 am

Also, what do you mean when you say you don't want to send them in? Quick submissions are still supposed to become regular items eventually, they just have the advantage that you can use them right away and don't have to wait for a mod to add them. From what I understand, they will later get checked by mods and get added to other sessions normally.

eunomicZenith

Postby eunomicZenith » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:02 pm

On that note, maybe it's a good idea to put a checkbox that tells mods "I don't want this to be added to the game" to allow people to go wild and make crazy stuff without the need to worry about mods having to go through it. (Also, hi OJ. Long time no see.)

OverlordJ

Postby OverlordJ » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:23 pm

I am unsure about that.

On one hand, it'd allow people to create items that are session specific, stuff like [player name]s Old Teddy and create items specifically connected to themself.

On the other hand, it feels a little against the spirit of tOP. Plus, I am worried people might abuse that system and/or it causing a significant drop in new items. Like, if you can create an item just for yourself, why would you bother making a generic one for everyone. And if you don't have to wory about it getting added, I feel like some people might not bother with making something creative.

eunomicZenith

Postby eunomicZenith » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:35 pm

Well, I suppose it could just be a decision that item mods make - essentially saying "This item is personal, so it shouldn't become part of the game". I'm honestly mostly worried for item mods. They already have enough crazy and sloppily made items that come out of the randomizer to go through; the problem risks to become much more severe, if they have to process every item made by the Quick Item Creator.

OverlordJ

Postby OverlordJ » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Yeah, I'm a little worried about that, too. I guess we'll see how it goes once the feature is actually functual.

The Overseer

Postby The Overseer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:14 pm

Well for starters the QIC more or less replaces the randomizer so we remove that source of wackiness.

If an item isn't submitted directly after being QIC'd then the plan is to set up a page that shows all the QIC'd items without submissions and essentially let item mods cherry pick the best ones and implement them. It looks like we're still getting a fair few regular item submissions, so I'm not overly concerned about killing that item stream.

coruscationCaught

Postby coruscationCaught » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:05 am

Perhaps it might be possible to add a personalized description that stays in the session that quick-created it, in addition to the item's usual name, stats, description, etc that shows up for everyone as normal? I agree session-specific items seem against the spirit of TOP, but this would allow users to essentially customize their items without having any other effect on the system.

You could also have the descriptions expire after a year or so, to save server space? Or some other length of time that goes far beyond the usual length of a TOP session.

Return to “Guides”